Team mediation is a powerful tool to resolve multi-party disputes. Consensio offers a 2- or 3-day team mediation course for accredited mediators who want to learn how to mediate a wide range of team issues. This experiential course provides delegates with the practical tools to work as in-house team mediators within an internal mediation service.
Back to Training home
- To understand the impact of team conflict, the key principles of team mediation and how these differ from a 2-party mediation process.
- To practice key skills and essential strategies of effective team mediators by using various tailor-made case studies and role plays. Skills will be practiced in a safe learning environment with constructive feedback from the trainer.
- To give delegates a process to facilitate and resolve team conflicts, in small or large teams.
- To discuss best practice and to apply this to team mediation sessions.
- To develop the confidence to work as an in-house team mediator within an internal mediation service.
- The principles of team mediation.
- The difference between 2-party and team mediation.
- How to establish clear terms of reference for a team intervention.
- Planning a flexible intervention that can be designed to meet each team’s individual needs.
- Using pre-mediation questionnaires to design a team mediation intervention.
- Working with a co-mediator during the team mediation process.
- How to manage the different stages of the team mediation process and apply these in practice.
- How to create a safe environment for team members to voice their issues and contribute to the process.
- The key communication skills used by team mediators in a team mediation intervention.
- How to support multiple parties to move from positions to needs.
- How to create a future framework for effective team working.
- The follow-up procedures post-team mediation.
Our course combines trainer input, group discussion and various case studies and role plays to explore and practice effective team mediation techniques. The course is highly interactive and experiential, with a focus on developing practical and transferable skills.
Who Should Attend?
Accredited workplace mediators who have already done a number of 2-party mediation cases and who want to learn how to manage the team mediation process.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.
“I am not sure how Consensio do it, but the training stretches and develops your knowledge and confidence without making you feel at any time pressurised or uncomfortable. They give you an opportunity to learn and develop your skills – much as a good mediator will do.”
Senior Manager, Westminster City Council