Consensio works with teams and groups to help them manage workplace conflict more effectively through our team mediation and facilitation services.
Our team mediation and facilitation processes offer organisations a constructive way to resolve multi-party disputes. These interventions share the same principles as two-party mediation: they are confidential, voluntary, impartial processes and support parties to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.
Why use Team Mediation?
- It’s a safe environment for teams to voice any issues or frustrations, and look at how these can be resolved.
- It’s flexible and responsive to each team member’s needs.
- It’s an opportunity to identify what’s working well, as well as what could be improved.
- It provides an agreed framework for effective team working.
What’s the structure of a Team Mediation?
Our team mediation and facilitation processes are dynamic and based on each team’s individual needs. In general, they follow these 6 steps:
- A referral process to discuss the suitability of the case.
- Preparation for the case, which includes a team questionnaire.
- Individual meetings with each team member (this is not always necessary with a very large team).
- Planning and development stage, based on the questionnaires and the individual meetings. In some instances, Consensio may recommend smaller group meetings between certain team members.
- The mediator will facilitate a joint session with all team members.
- Consensio can continue to support the team after the mediation or facilitation for up to one year.
The structure of team mediation and facilitation has many similarities to a two-party mediation process. More information can be found here.
Please contact us for further details of our team mediation services.