Employees’ ability to negotiate and influence colleagues is a key skill both within and beyond the workplace. This 1-day course offers delegates a comprehensive overview of the most effective negotiation and influencing skills.
Back to Training home
- To learn essential negotiation and influencing skills: framing, strategising and planning.
- To understand the characteristics of a negotiation or bargaining situation.
- To explore the benefits of negotiating and influencing to your role.
- To practice how to negotiate with and influence colleagues through a variety of role plays and case studies.
- Understand the meaning and the benefits of negotiating and influencing.
- Recognise the importance of effective communication skills to the negotiating and influencing process.
- Explore the difference between pure bargaining versus collaborative problem-solving.
- Practice, using tailor-made role plays, how to negotiate to resolve conflicting interests and balance competition and cooperation.
The course combines trainer input, group discussion and tailor-made role plays to practice negotiation skills. The course is highly interactive and experiential, with a focus on developing practical and transferable skills.
Who Should Attend?
All staff members who need to negotiate with or who need to influence others as part of their role. Any staff member interested in learning more about the benefits of negotiating and influencing.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.