The ability to give and receive constructive feedback is a critical management skill. Constructive feedback can support and motivate employees to increase their motivation, effectiveness and job satisfaction. This 1-day course offers delegates a comprehensive overview of how to give and receive constructive feedback.
Back to Training home
- To define constructive feedback and how critical feedback can be given in a constructive manner.
- To use constructive feedback to support employees’ self-reflection and increase motivation and job satisfaction.
- To practice key feedback skills, including: active listening, non-verbal communication, self-awareness and empathy.
- To learn to give and receive constructive feedback with confidence by engaging in tailor-made role plays.
- The nature of constructive feedback and its benefits to managers and employees.
- Individual needs and responses to critical feedback and how to adapt one’s style accordingly.
- How to avoid pitfalls and negative outcomes of giving and receiving feedback.
- How to respond to negative feedback constructively and turn it into a positive outcome.
- Practice, through case studies and/or role plays, how to give and receive feedback that is positive, critical or balanced.
The course combines trainer input, group discussion and tailor-made role plays to practice key feedback skills. The course is highly interactive and experiential, with a focus on developing practical and transferable skills.
Who Should Attend?
All staff members who would like to establish more effective working relationships.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.