Being appropriately assertive in the workplace helps employees to manage challenging situations more effectively and achieve their personal and professional goals. This 1-day course provides delegates with the practical tools to become more assertive in the workplace. Using tailor-made role plays, delegates will observe and then apply key skills to have assertive and collaborative conversations.
Back to Training home
- To understand what it means to be assertive and the benefits of being assertive in the workplace.
- To develop confidence in managing everyday workplace situations in an assertive, fair and firm manner.
- To practice key skills of assertive employees in a safe role play environment.
- Understand the difference between being aggressive, submissive and assertive.
- Explore the impact of your current communication style to your working relationships.
- Learn key assertiveness techniques: broken record, fogging and negative assertion.
- Gain confidence in being more assertive in the workplace and beyond.
The course combines trainer input, group discussion and tailor-made role plays to practice key assertiveness skills. The course is highly interactive and experiential, with a focus on developing practical and transferable skills.
Who Should Attend?
All staff members who would like to establish more effective working relationships.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.
“Attending this course was time well invested. It gave me some structures and processes to put in my management tool kit for dealing with conflict.”
Manager, Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).