This is our most popular short mediation skills course, and provides delegates with key practical tools to manage everyday workplace conflicts. An Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Development Programme, this mediation skills course is aimed at HR professionals and managers who want to confidently address conflict informally and at an early stage. Delegates will practice key mediation skills in a safe role play environment.
Back to Training home
- To understand the principles of mediation and the benefits of this approach in the workplace.
- To practice key mediation skills to facilitate conflict conversations.
- To develop confidence in managing everyday low-level workplace conflicts within your organisation.
- Understand and forecast conflict within your organisation.
- Explore the impact of divergent conflict management styles.
- Discuss and apply the core principles of mediation, including confidentiality, impartiality and self-determination.
- Observe the different stages of a mediation in action.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of using mediation skills in the workplace.
- Learn effective communication and active listening skills: empathy, summarising, reflecting and appropriate questioning.
- Practice the different stages of a facilitated conversation using mediation skills in a safe and constructive environment.
- Support and empower parties to reach consensus.
The course combines trainer input, discussion and role play to explore how to use effective mediation skills to facilitate a conflict conversation. The course is highly interactive and experiential, with a focus on developing practical and transferable skills.
Who Should Attend?
HR and managers who encounter conflict in the workplace. Any staff member interested in acquiring effective mediation skills to deal with low-level conflict.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.
“The best course I’ve been on. Expertly delivered by professionals I had real confidence in.”
Sally Thornton, Group Legal Manager, Bupa