All managers need to have courageous workplace conversations. With so many organisations facing constant change and more complex interpersonal conflict, the need for these conversations is paramount. Without the confidence to effectively manage these conversations, we revert to unhelpful ways of dealing with challenging issues. This half or 1-day course will provide delegates with a framework to manage these exchanges with empathy, skill and confidence.
Back to Training home
- To understand why we shy away from courageous workplace conversations and how to overcome these barriers.
- To explore the difference between a constructive versus destructive conversation.
- To understand the importance of having courageous conversations quickly, calmly and informally so that issues don’t fester and grow.
- To understand why we find some conversations “difficult” and how this influences our communication approach.
- To practice key skills that de-escalate strong emotions and challenging behaviours.
- How to differentiate assumptions from intentions.
- How to prepare for a courageous conversations, including how to plan for and introduce the conversation.
- To gain confidence and learn the skills to effectively manage courageous conversations.
- Skills practice: How to have a courageous workplace conversation using delegates’ own examples and tailor-made case studies.
The course combines trainer input, discussion and role play to explore effective skills for managing courageous workplace conversations. The course is highly interactive and experiential, with a focus on developing practical skills.
Who Should Attend?
Any staff member interested in learning skills to manage courageous workplace conversations.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.