Conflict occurs in every organisation, yet only few managers know how to manage it effectively. Without the confidence to address issues with team members informally and at an early stage, conflicts are often avoided and left to fester and grow. This course will give delegates a deeper understanding of conflict and help them to develop key strategies with which to manage workplace conflict with team members. This course can be offered as an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Development Programme.
Back to Training home
- To understand the basic psychology of conflict and the difference between constructive and destructive conflict.
- To raise awareness of delegates’ own conflict management styles by using the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument.
- To practice, through tailor-made case studies, how to nip issues in the bud and effectively manage workplace conflict with members of one’s team.
- To develop key strategies and confidence in managing everyday workplace conflicts with team members.
- Personal perceptions of conflict.
- Exploring the impact of different conflict management styles.
- To gain a basic understanding of the psychology of conflict.
- To practice key communication skills and strategies that help to de-escalate conflict situations.
- To understand the warning signs of conflict and how to nip these in the bud.
- To learn the skills necessary to effectively resolve conflict with team members.
The course combines trainer input, group discussion and numerous interactive activities, including role plays and/or case studies.
Who Should Attend?
Managers who want to gain the skills and confidence to prevent and resolve workplace conflict informally and at an early stage.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.