Mediators with advanced mediation skills are increasingly needed for challenging and complex cases. This 2-day course, designed for accredited mediators, will enable delegates to learn and practice advanced mediation techniques in a safe and assessed role play environment. This course is accredited by the Open College Network (OCN).
Back to Training home
- To understand the key techniques to mediate challenging and complex workplace disputes.
- To practice advanced mediation techniques, such as dealing with entrenched parties, and advanced reframing techniques.
- To be assessed by experienced mediators in advanced mediation skills.
- To develop the confidence to mediate in challenging and complex mediation cases.
- Techniques to move entrenched parties from positions to needs and how to deal with impasse.
- Advanced reframing techniques.
- An understanding of how far mediators can “challenge” parties in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Practice, through tailor-made role plays, how to effectively manage complex and challenging mediation cases.
The course combines trainer input, discussion and various role plays to explore effective advanced mediation techniques. The course is highly interactive and experiential, with a focus on developing practical advanced mediation skills.
Who Should Attend?
Accredited workplace mediators who want to learn and practice advanced mediation techniques in a safe and assessed environment.
This course can be offered as a tailor-made in-house course throughout the UK and internationally. Please contact us for more information.
“Despite being an experienced mediator, I realised there were areas of my practice that needed to be polished, and this course helped me to identify areas where improvements and/or changes were required. I particularly enjoyed the format of the course and the professional manner in which the trainers responded to my needs and those of other delegates.”
National Mediation Lead, EEF Ltd.